The Appointment Setter role will be responsible for prospecting new business, canvassing suitability for a field sales representative to visit to discuss TM portfolio solutions and managing the appointments into the field sales teams calendars with briefing notes attached. They will be responsible for delivering against the agreed sales KPI’s.
Operating with all field sales staff across multiple categories and markets demonstrating excellence in knowledge and skill in attracting SME’s to hear more about our marketing solutions by gaining qualified appointments for the designated field sales people
- To identify clients across the East Midlands, and make qualified appointments for a field rep to attend.
- Obtains and documents a clear understanding of the customer’s business, including the market their business operates in, current trading challenges and conditions and details in readiness for the field rep’s visit in the CRM system.
- Develops a sales approach based around customer value and buying habits
- Works collaboratively with field sales colleagues to maximise and increase market share within agreed sectors, areas.
- Educates SME’s on the pre appointment call about our digital portfolio to improve their marketing profiles and warm up the lead to aid rep’s conversion levels.
- Acts as a brand ambassador, for the business by engaging professionally with all potential customers.
- Regularly reviews their own performance, ensuring it meets customer needs and the Group’s objectives through call levels, CRM accuracy, conversion levels, customer engagement and adherence to agreed pricing structure.
- Maximises on provided prospect tools and is diligent in their recording of information
- Adopts a flexible approach, supporting your own skill and knowledge development around audience and the portfolio.
- Fully participates in sales meetings, offering ideas and executing new tactics and strategies that improve the overall sales performance.
- Any other duties as requested by the Commercial Management team
- Regional Commercial Director
- Heads of Advertising (Derby and East Staff, Leicester, Loughborough and Hinckley, Nottingham)
- Field Sales Consultants
- Telephone Sales Consultants
- Newspaper Sales, Editorial, Finance, Digital Ad OPs
- Consumer & Trade Marketing Managers
- Customer Insight Manager and team
- Local World and Trinity Mirror group functions
- Prospect Customers
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be issued with KPIs specific to your role. These be set specifically around Call activity, conversion levels to gain appointments and CRM adherence and Presentation of pre sales work
- You will be required initially to gain a minimum of 10 appointments per week. This will be reviewed monthly, KPIs are subject to change in line with business requirements
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror Group, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six the thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.