Assistant Social Media Editor
Mirror Online is looking for two talented Assistant Social Media Editors to join their London-based editorial team. Applicants must be comfortable working shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Assist editorial team in managing Mirror Online’s social media feeds and messages
- Assist the forward planning of social media content and coverage
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media
- Assist with product testing of new social media developments
- Monitor social media analytics, and produce regular reports
- Help to ensure Mirror Online content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- Disseminate knowledge and best practice across the business, but particularly in the newsroom
The Ideal Candidate
- Must be able to spell correctly
- Will have at least one year’s experience in a digital newsroom
- Will have at least one year’s professional experience working with social media
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Will be a fast, but accurate, worker
- Will have excellent web and social skills
- Will have in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and other social media platforms
This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible.
Competitive salary and benefits package.