Assistant Video Editor (12 contract with opportunity for renewal)
An exciting position has become available in the Daily Mirror's Video team. The role of Assistant Video Editor is a senior position working alongside a group of enthusiastic video journalists. This is an opportunity totake on a leadership role managing 4-10 people. It also means you are able to keep up-to-date your own practice as a video journalist and producer.
The Daily Mirror are heavily focused on video as part of their editorial output and the Assistant Video Editor will have the opportunity to work within a company passionate about video as a medium. Working alongside the Head of Video, the candidate will assist in the running of the video news agenda, oversee production of a large team of video journalists and work as a champion for best-practice video treatment in the newsroom.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must be able to display leadership experience, knowledge of the news, sport and celebrity verticals, be happy to work both independently and as part of a team and be prepared to jump right in and get involved in a busy newsroom. The role holder will be accountable for meeting targets and liaising with senior management.
- Journalistic qualification - NCTJ, BJTC or equivalent with proven knowledge of the legalities around journalism.
- Ability to film on professional HDVs or DSLRs. Experience filming in order to advice and support Video Journalists in their production.
- Management experience (a team of three or above).
- Proven ability to run a news list and keep on top of the news agenda.
- Proficient editor in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience working in a digital editorial news or current affairs outlet.
- Strong background knowledge of video agencies.
- Good contacts across the digital video marketplace.
- Experience working across analytical platforms such as Omniture and Chartbeat.
- Knowledge of video consumption habits across the social media landscape.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 bankholidays
- Pension plan + flexible benefits
About the Company
Trinity Mirror plc is one of the UKs largest multimedia publishers. We publish over 100 newsbrands, including the Daily Mirror and Scottish Daily Record, as well as iconic market-leading regional and local newspaper titles such as the Liverpool Echo, Manchester Evening News and Birmingham Mail.
Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror's strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining strong and leading positions across print and digital channels.