Business Development Manager (Media Partners)
This is a newly created and critical role within the Business Development team, whose main purpose is to drive revenues from non-traditional and non-standard advertising sources across the entirety of Trinity Mirror’s digital portfolio and platforms.
The successful candidate would be tasked with a combination of pro-actively managing and growing key existing partners, and implementing relevant new opportunities in-line with the wider group strategy and in co-operation with the Head of Business Development
The Business Development team operate across a wide range of sectors and commercial models, including editorial partnerships, content recommendation, affiliates, native advertising and more. They are tasked with generating revenues in partnership with client-direct third parties that fall outside the traditional display advertising eco-system (including programmatic and video) and also outside of new digital initiatives like subscription and membership programs.
It is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, commercially-focused, driven and self-motivated individual in the UK digital media sector.
- Ownership of key long-term strategic partnerships with total responsibility for exceeding revenue targets, active partner management and development, financial reporting, forecasting and internal stakeholder management
- Be the visible owner and champion for these partnerships within Trinity Mirror, and work closely with peers and senior members of the Editorial, Product, Advertising and other departments to facilitate their success
- A pro-active and commercially-focused approach to new opportunities that would benefit Trinity Mirror in line with the agreed strategies
- To collaborate with and support all areas of our business, including Advertising, Marketing, Editorial and Product to drive revenues and profitability
- Attend relevant industry functions, represent Trinity Mirror and develop an appropriate internal/external profile
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience in a business development/commercial partnerships role, potentially from the digital publishing or advertising industry, or related sector
- Clear track record of exceeding commercial targets and management of external partners and internal stakeholders
- An excellent commercial thinker, able to develop creative media solutions, and identify and realise revenue opportunities
- Ability to build credible and influential relationships with external and internal contacts at all levels
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Effective and reliable operator, gets things done with good pace
The salary package reflects the investment in this area and is commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Generous performance incentive
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan + flexible benefits
About the Company
Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies with an award-winning portfolio of influential newspapers, websites and digital products including national titles and many iconic regional news brands.
Trinity Mirror has always represented the interests and shared the concerns of ordinary people. In an industrial age, that meant speaking up for the working classes and being the voice of the unions and Labour.
Now in the 21st century, class divisions are no longer what they were, people’s working lives, families and leisure time have transformed. Trinity Mirror speaks for mass-market Britain, what we call ‘Modal Britain’.
Modal Britain describes both the mid-point and the ‘most’-point, representing the concerns and interests of average, typical people who are 50% of the population and who drive the success of mainstream brands.
Trinity Mirror is the leading authority on Modal Britain and it drives us editorially and commercially.
Trinity Mirror Solutions is the team that brings together Trinity Mirror’s editorial output with media agencies and clients, to collaboratively create strong connections between our valuable audience, content and advertiser brands. Our role is to connect our advertising customers with 'Modal Britain', the mass majority audience that we best represent, entertain and inform, and on whose behalf we campaign.
Our creative approach enables us to develop tailored marketing solutions that utilise our unique National and Regional, Print and Digital portfolio of media products. Our solutions span many influential news brands which together reach 1 in 3 adults in the UK every week.
Our brands influence and connect with our important audience – those that can take niche and make it mass, turn a trend into the norm, and transform challengers into market leaders.