The Bristol Post is looking for a Business Editor. There's never been a more exciting time to cover business in Bristol. The city boasts world leading digital, technology, aerospace and financial services sectors.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Write business stories and features that drive online audience on BristolPost.co.uk
- Write and edit our 12-page weekly business section in print
- Write and regularly update our SouthWestBusiness.co.uk website, our B2B offering
- Promote and run regular networking events and support our commercial team to increase B2B revenue
- Send out a daily newsletter to subscribers
- Be the papers ambassador in the business community in the Bristol region
- Be the key editorial contact for any business campaigns and events and write copy as required
- Take control of the editorial coverage for the annual Bristol Post Business Awards
- Work alongside commercial colleagues and attend meetings as required
- Maintain a constant awareness of business news and feature opportunities
- Use social media to maintain contacts and keep plugged in to whats happening in Bristols business community
- Develop and maintain an effective network of contacts
- Take photos when required
- Produce and source videos for the website as required
- Hit agreed deadlines
- Attend conferences and team meetings as required
- Undertake training and development as required
- Maintain a professional approach and ensure the reputation of Bristol Post is upheld at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- As Business Editor of the Bristol Post you will be expected to write business stories and features that drive online audience, write and edit our 12 page weekly business section in print, run regular networking events and support our commercial team to increase B2B revenue.
It is the only core city outside London which delivers more in tax returns than in takes from the Treasury and has one of the most skilled and highly educated work forces in the country.
The Post is a champion of the city's thriving businesses and part of this role will be the paper's ambassador in the business community.
Skills & Qualifications
- You will preferably have an NCTJ journalism qualification, or equivalent, and ideally will be a qualified senior reporter with experience and a track record of working as a journalist.
- You must be able to demonstrate an interest in business and preferably have contacts with Bristol-based businesses and key figures in the region.
- You will be a driven individual who can demonstrate you are capable of managing your own time successfully and hit challenging targets.
Above all, you must be happy to speak publicly at events and manage campaigns, as confidently as you are at writing a story for the website or business supplement.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plusBank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview), free car parking.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UKs largest multimedia publishers, with an award winning portfolio of five national and 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
At Trinity Mirror Regionals, we are digital first and audience-focused. Our journalists and titles consistently win awards for agenda-setting news and innovative storytelling, allowing readers to explore information via bespoke digital tools or live blogging and video to cover breaking news and sport. We are experts at using social media and pride ourselves on the digital training and development available to our journalists.