Commercial Director: Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Dorset
We are looking for an inspirational, driven and experienced commercial leader to work with our regional senior management team and head up our commercial operations (5 direct/up to 60 indirect reports) in the Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Dorset areas.
Ensuring that budget revenues are achieved across multiple categories and markets. This role is required to contribute as part of the senior management team to develop the overall business, grow its customer base and evolve its product offering.
Directly manage a team of sales and marketing managers supported by a larger indirect team, offering them the support and guidance needed to drive sales and exceed growth targets. Whilst working closely with the Commercial Managing Director to devise and implement the strategy necessary to continue the success of this region and business.
- To lead the businesses portfolio towards increased sustainable revenue through effective sales and marketing initiatives
- To develop a strategy and vision for sales and marketing in conjunction with the Commercial MD/Regional MD across multi-media platforms; including but not limited to digital and print portfolios
- To lead and inspire the sales team and managers to consistently achieve their sales objectives
- To work with the sales team and managers to create and successfully launch new products within the businesses portfolio
- To work with the sales team and managers to ensure robust recruitment and selection in line with the key skills required to grow the business and ensure consistent and supportive performance management across all staff in the sales teams
- To represent the business and maintain an effective network of business contacts across the relevant marketplaces which help to inform and shape future business decisions
- To take personal responsibility and lead by example in significant contract negotiations with clients and business associates to drive increased revenue and profitability
- To effectively manage and develop strategies to grow other revenue streams including but not limited to leaflet distribution, events and awards
- To strategically review and improve the company’s procedures, standards and policies whilst observing company authority manuals and external regulatory frameworks
- To work with SMT peers in support of organisational and portfolio change, including initiatives to improve the profitability and sustainability of the businesses
The Ideal Candidate
- This is a Bristol based role, but managing multiple sites. So you'll have to be flexible on working patterns and place of work
- This is a critical position within one of our leading regions, so anyone joining us will play a key role within the business and be seen as a figurehead within the broader media community
- Print experience is not essential, but we have an unique network of national/regional digital and print products. You've need be able to leverage this to our clients and have the experience of developing complex multimedia proposals
- Proven results-based experience of growing advertising revenue sustainably across multiple media platforms
- Expert and proven negotiating skills
- Demonstrable ability to positively influence customers and markets
- Solid industry networks and evidence of utilisation to expand business portfolio / customer base
- Comprehensive and efficient project management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities
- Strong track record in the creation, launch and implementation of creative business solutions
- Proven commitment to staying abreast of market and industry trends and ability to identify strategic business opportunities from the same
- Ability to work effectively in a competitive landscape and to assess key points of product and service difference to enhance performance
Based: Central Bristol (near Temple Meads and/or free parking)
- The salary is negotiable, dependent on experience
- Excellent commission structure
- Car or Car allowance + free parking
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, holiday purchase and other employee discount schemes
- Flexible working pattern
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
About the Company
Our values are collaboration, determination and Imagination. Anyone joining us will have to identify with these and re-enforce their meaning and message to their teams and customer base.
A unique opportunity to take a leading role in one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.