Commercial Video Producer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Commercial Video Producer, reporting to the Regional Head of Digital, you will produce high quality video content for clients and have a keen eye for detail to spot new commercial opportunities.
About the company
Trinity Mirror plc, has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Meeting with clients, devising workable creative concepts that use video to promote clients’ businesses
- Working both alone and with the commercial editorial team to prepare treatments, scripts and, where appropriate, storyboards that enable clients to visualise the planned video
- Pre-production planning, client liaison, job scheduling and freelance talent acquisition (actors, voice-over artists, models etc)
- Filming and editing the video to high standard and delivery of various versions tailored for relevant platforms
- Write accurate and informative captions with required metadata without deviation or truncation
- Suggest ideas for news, sport and feature videos and for developing and maximising the commercial potential of all assignments in long form
- Look after equipment to ensure it is properly maintained and secure at all times
- Keep personal and office diaries up to date
- Maintain and develop contacts and be an ambassador for the company on all assignments
- Work flexibly across all publication platforms as need arises
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a confident communicator with experience of working with professional video cameras and possess thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro/After Effects. Along with this, you will be commercially aware in order to create innovative approaches.
The role requires experience of all aspects of video production - ideally the person should be an all-rounder, not just an expert in one aspect of production, as they will be required to shoot and edit as well as devise concepts. Some experience of working in a commercial video environment is preferable to any formal qualification along with experience of shooting in a one person crew environment.
An insight into the role:
A typical project might involve working with a local hotel to produce a promotional video to encourage new bookings. Creating a version for the client’s own website and a second version optimised for the different requirements of social media and our own online environment. Knowledge of digital storytelling is a must and an understanding of how different platforms and channels affect the way content is created, delivered and viewed.
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, in return for this commitment, we offer a competitive salary + benefits, full training and management support and a generous holiday package.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process
Interview Date: WC 23.04.18