Content Editor (Print Production) Sport
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Print Production Journalist to join our outstanding team in Cambridge. Reporting to the Head of Sport (Print) you will be responsible for finishing the pages of our print products to high quality standards and to deadlines. You will work on titles across the South East region as part of a wider team.
The South East region has two forward thinking Editor in Chief’s who will be working with the team to drive the business forward, your views and idea’s will be valued and respected and you will help to shape The Cambridge News of the future.
Local World, part of the Trinity Mirror Group, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country.
Trusted, relevant, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print, our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, People nationally and in the South, Bristol Post Western Mail, Cambridge News to name just a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Produce completed, high-quality pages accurately and consistently
- Ensure all stories/packages meet individual print title and online criteria and are delivered to deadline
- Ensure effective communication with all relevant people/departments, pre-press and press as appropriate
- Act up as and when required
- Work flexibly across marketplaces as required - working on content if requested
- Stay up to date on system developments and best practice within Content Watch
- Work flexibly across all publications platforms as need arises
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.