Trinity Mirror plc is seeking to recruit a talented Content Editor to join our team in Surrey. Reporting to the Editor, you will help develop our coverage of major news and events, manage the delivery and editing of live content to support audience targets, along with this you will also manage a team of Reporters including commissioning, briefing and pastoral care. This is an exciting and demanding role which requires an editorial background and a passion for video.
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing over 6,000 people across more than 60 locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Managing live daily content flow across the Surrey portfolio in line with digital audience spikes and in support of digital audience targets
- Commissioning, edit and publish content from reporters
- Ensuring search engine-optimised, engaging, and accurate articles are prepared and uploaded in line with audience demand and news spikes
- Leading compilation of daily content lists in communication with reporters and editors, playing an active role in conferences as required
- Managing a team of multimedia journalists, providing clear briefings and feedback on content requirements as well as appropriate pastoral care
- Ensuring content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
- Liaising with digital production team on placement of content on homepage, mobile sites and apps in accordance with the business agenda, using analytics and social data to help inform decision-making
- Daily monitoring of web analytics such as Omniture and Chartbeat to ensure a detailed knowledge of audience response and engagement at all times
- Identifying the best content to drive engagement by interpreting audience data
- Undertaking company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management
- Organising and managing the delivery of accurate, legally-sound content for the Surrey Portfolio, including Get Surrey and the Surrey Advertiser, to support digital audience targets and brand values
The Ideal Candidate
- You'll possess a NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification, or equivalent
- Ability to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by the business, in terms of quality, consistency and legal compliance
- Good awareness of the news agenda and collaborate to ensure varied sections of the site are covered with breaking and engaging stories.
- Lead our drive to maximise content for written video
- Excellent analytical skills to prioritise and highlight the importance of video across the whole newsroom
- Previous experience within a news desk setting, or within a Senior Reporter role
You can look forward to a competitive salary, 33 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Trinity Mirror employee.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.