Content Editor- Guildford
£competitive + company benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Content Editor to join the team behind the Croydon Advertiser. You would be working in one of the best news patches in the country and one of Trinity Mirror’s fastest growing websites. To be successful in this role you will be highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure and be confident in editing reporters’ copy in a quick and accurate manner. Along with this, you will be responsible for helping to manage and inspire a talented team of journalists.
About the company
Trinity Mirror plc, has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward
- Identify live blog opportunities and allocate story ideas to reporters
- Understand audience data, analytics and commission content responsively to spot trends and opportunities
- Lead a team of multi-media journalists to ensure we deliver fast, accurate and legally sound stories to ensure digital and print achieve audience targets
- Support writers to develop their skills and confidence to deliver complete digital content packages and meet their audience targets
- Ensure search engine-optimised, engaging articles are prepared and uploaded in line with audience demand and news spikes
- Develop the team by effective use of mentoring, on-the-job coaching and training
- Ensure search engine-optimised, engaging articles are prepared and uploaded in line with audience demand and news spikes.
The Ideal Candidate
You will possess excellent attention to detail as you will be the ‘last pair of eyes’ on uploaded content, ensuring that this is legally sound, accurate and compliant with industry and brand requirements. Along with this, you will have a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO requirements. The ability to make informed decisions around content to drive traffic and engagement is essential in order to maximise opportunities for reach and performance.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (where applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.