We are tasked to create a band of amazing people to tackle the biggest media challenge of all: Content Monetisation. We’re passionate about creating a new user paradigm which puts the user and content in
the center and allows for seamless journey between finding something and acquiring it with one click.
The team is acting independently as a standalone startup, with secured funding and we’re already generating revenue, close to becoming self-sustained. This is a unique opportunity to be part of something that has the speed, agility, and independence of a top-tier startup, with the stability of a huge corporation; while at the same time be part of a broad ecosystem, where you can learn and evolve next to great people.
As our Data Scientist you'll work closely with engineering and product leads, owning all the AI & algorithms we will be creating and:
- Create models based on unstructured data to derive actions at scale.
- Identify product opportunities and be actively involved in shaping up the product.
- Prototype solutions, conduct data analyses to solve large-scale inference problems.
- Improve existing insight products and introduce new products to delight our customers.
- Develop best practices around how experiments are run and analyzed.
The Ideal Candidate
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, operations research, or related area.
- Experience creating NLP / DL models to extract insights, create features and provide recommendations, mixing content and user data.
- Experience applying quantitative methods to real world problems.
- Experience with Python, and libraries like scipy, scikit-learn and pandas.
- Very competitive salary
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, with an award-winning digital portfolio comprising more than 50 news titles, ranging from national publications such as Mirror Online and large regionals such as Manchester Evening News to smaller county, city and specialist titles. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. With close to 140m monthly unique users across our digital portfolio, we’re well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK, and we're actively pursuing new opportunities for content-led products.