Digital Business Development Manager
As Trinity Mirror evolves and accelerates its digital ambition we are establishing a national direct digital sales team.
...Flexible on location...
Working directly with clients both existing and new, across our entire national and regional digital portfolio, giving you the best possible opportunity to utilise our digital scale and develop audience marketing solutions.
With a complete support structure to help create and maximise your pitches this is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual wanting to be part of Trinity Mirror’s extensive digital ambition.
- To drive digital revenues across your areas of the business
- Deliver sales messages effectively to direct advertisers
- Drive revenues and profitability by supporting and collaborating with the business
- Ensure a high industry profile of Trinity Mirror Solutions within the UK media marketplace
- Take ownership of the day to day running of the direct team’s plans
The Ideal Candidate
As one of our Business Development Managers, you will be a highly motivated, digital first sales professional looking to move into the national marketplace. Travelling across the UK your base and working environment is flexible. The salary package reflects the investment in this area and is commensurate with experience.
- Own day to day relationship with your direct advertisers
- Develop and retain revenue influencing relationships with customers, both existing and new
- Implement quarterly Business Plans for portfolio, which have been designed alongside Head of Business Development and wider team
- Partner with other Business Development Managers and other teams to ensure consistency of approach and building of team spirit
- Build strong working relationships with Operations, Trading, Finance and other teams within Trinity Mirror Solutions
- Work closely and collaboratively with the sales teams in the regions and agency hubs to identify advertisers to target. Manage any “double counting” by minimising calling on existing businesses outside agreed parameters
- Take responsibility for own personal development, including building of PDP and attendance of Power Hours Represent Trinity Mirror Solutions positively within the wider Trinity Mirror business
- Create market leading proposals and close business on the back of said proposals
- Manage pipeline of business from sourcing leads, opportunity through to close and account development with client plans Required knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Outstanding, proven direct sales skills including knowledge of the various sales models
- Proven ability to win new business and develop existing business
- Highly numerate and an clear commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities and report performance accurately
- Ability to build influential relationships with direct clients
- A strong communicator with good presentation skills
- An advocate of our culture, personifying Trinity Mirror Solutions principles and behaviours
- High impact, engaging personality with the energy to effect change and influence outcomes
- Strong working knowledge of the Trinity Mirror portfolio and an understanding of how it fits into wider UK media marketplace
The salary package reflects the investment in this area and is commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Generous performance incentive
- Company car
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan + flexible benefits
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. We’re well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.