Digital Football Journalist
A unique opportunity has arisen for a talented Digital Football Journalist to join the team at Bristol Live. You will produce compelling content on all aspects of our football clubs, breaking stories and engage with fans to maximise valuable audiences.
- Cover major stories and breaking news on our clubs in a fast-paced digital environment
- Understand the issues which supporters care about and create content to own the conversation and provide the most comprehensive coverage possible
- Attend matches and events of interest to supporters, telling stories in a way that is optimised for online audiences
- Own niche content areas around our clubs including Academy stories and Club News.
- Hitting deadlines throughout the day to fit in with our publishing schedule
- Ensure that Bristol Live is the fan’s first port of call for their club’s content
- Create and maintain contacts to source stories around our clubs to break exclusives lines, interviews and features on topics on and off the pitch
- Maintain strong relationships with club stakeholders, including fan groups and other third parties intrinsically connected to the clubs you cover
- Take direction from the Sports Editor in producing fan-first content and distribution to maximise valuable audiences
- Be a personality and face for Bristol Live’s output
- Use social media to engage with and build our audiences
- Have a proactive approach to content production and promotion
- Work across video, podcasts and social media platforms to deliver content
- Assist with long-term planning and produce content ahead of major events
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team over ways to improve and innovate the site’s output
- Use analytics and data intelligence to guide your own content production
- Ensure all work at all times conforms to Trinity Mirror policies and procedures
- Act as a Bristol Live’s ambassador in the relevant community
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual who has Trinity Mirror or equivalent journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience).
You will understand the importance of video in sport content. You will need to be comfortable putting your opinions across in front of a camera as well as creating and curating video content.
We are looking for candidates with superb video and social media skills, excellent online storytelling techniques and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging to digital audiences.
Candidates will need to demonstrate an exceptional track record in digital publishing and understanding of what makes online football content successful.
Please note: It is essential that you possess a full Driving Licence
In return we will offer you a generous remuneration package, 25 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional holiday, a pension scheme and various other benefits that will be discussed during the interview process.
This job description is not exhaustive and merely acts as a guide to the duties to be performed. The job description may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the organisation at any time after discussion with the post-holder.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so please do not delay in submitting your application