Digital Journalist - Glasgow
Competitive + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital journalist producing content for Media Scotlands digital platforms. Digital journalists create and publish content for Media Scotlands digital platforms throughout the news cycle and across a seven-day rota. They ensure our websites are the first with the news and quickest to react as stories break. They cover Scottish, British and international news stories, celebrity and sport.
Media Scotland, part of Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UKs largest multimedia publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of five national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror's strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining a leading position across print and digital channels.
You will be an experienced production journalist; an all-rounder who thrives in the fast-paced world of digital journalism.
You will possess an in-depth knowledge of Scottish news, politics and sport.
You will source and produce engaging content for Scotlands leading digital news platform www.dailyrecord.co.uk.
You will generate your own ideas, cover major breaking news stories and repurpose existing content, ensuring it is rich in digital assets. Demonstrating the ability to write clear and concise news whilst having the capability to follow and react to, changes in technology and trends. Striving to attain the highest journalist standards,, you will have a sound knowledge of current affairs, popular culture and sport, particularly for our Scottish audience.
- creating digital content as briefed by senior digital team.
- covering and updating breaking news.
- live blogging.
- reproducing print content and developing it for digital platforms.
- ensuring content is produced to digital requirements and is rich with digital assets.
- generating content ideas.
- posting content to social media platforms in line with the strategy set out by the Social Media Manager.
- working closely with our video team to ensure as many of their stories as possible have video attached.
- writing news stories, features, reviews and columns and producing them for digital.
- undertaking training to ensure you are across Media Scotlands technology, systems and best practice.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive salary, 33 days holidays including bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio. In addition, there is a company pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
The closing date for this role will be Sunday 19th February, 2017. We will however be reviewing applications as they come in so please do not hesitate to apply.