£Competitive (depending on experience) + benefits
We are looking for a trainee or senior digital journalist to join our talented team producing content for the Leicester Mercury in our digital-first newsroom.
You will already have an understanding of the kind of high quality content which drives an engaged digital audience and ideas of how you will contribute to what we publish.
You will also be comfortable telling stories through words, pictures, audio, live blogging and through other interactive digital storytelling tools.
Above all, you should have the determination to stand out from the crowd in the next stage of our digital development.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc , with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies, employing more than 6,000 people across more than sixty locations around the country.
You will create compelling, targeted content that drives outstanding digital engagement and plays a full part in growing our audiences online and in print.
You will be comfortable using your advanced digital skills and analytics to win new audiences and explore opportunities for growth.
You will be responsible for helping the editorial team and the wider business to continuously innovate and change.
What you'll be doing
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- Deliver high quality, thoroughly researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content packages on a daily basis to agreed deadlines
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Have knowledge of social media and searching tools (i.e. Tweetdeck, Geofeedia) to dig out stories
- Have a knowledge of shareable content, audience behaviour and advanced digital storytelling skills - using third party tools
- Have an established presence on social media with a proven track record of running professional/brand accounts to a high standard
- Have live blogging skills, knowledge of best practice for live coverage and a good understanding and proven track record of what makes a live blog stand out
- Know how to shoot video, audio and pictures and edit where necessary
- Demonstrate a variety of ways to tell stories and a portfolio that contains different methods of digital storytelling
- Source third party content, including blogs, video, audio and pictures, where appropriate to add value to content packages
- Take responsibility for themes of content, such as geographic areas, campaigns or other areas of interest, as directed by the content desk
- Have a Trinity Mirror or equivalent journalism qualification (or relevant time-served experience) and up-to-date legal knowledge
- Be flexible around shifts and have a full driving licence
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary (depending on experience), 33 days holidays including bank holidays, a competitive pension, along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.