An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital Journalist producing content for Media Scotland’s digital platforms for the Daily Record based in Glasgow. To be successful in this role you will ensure our websites are the first with the news and quickest to react as stories break, covering Scottish, British and international news stories, celebrity and sport.
Media Scotland, part of Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishers, encompassing an award-winning portfolio of five national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror's strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining a leading position across print and digital channels.
- Sourcing and posting innovative content across social media platforms to engage with an audience
- Innovatively generating new content ideas
- Writing news stories, features, reviews and columns, with the ability to format these for a digital audience
- Working with pace and accuracy to ensure content is produced to digital requirements and is rich with digital assets
- Collaborating with key teams to ensure video is attached to as many stories as possible
- Live blogging
- Developing and reproducing print content for digital platforms
- Reproducing print content and developing this for digital platforms
- Undertaking relevant training to ensure you are across Media Scotland’s technology, systems and best practice.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll be an experienced journalist who thrives in the fast-paced world of digital journalism
- 100 WPM shorthand
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of Scottish news, politics and sport
- Embrace and implement change in a positive manner
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Display a high level of creativity and originality to ensure our editorial websites progress and continue to grow their audiences
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.