Event Executive- Leicester/Nottingham
Leicester Mercury and Nottingham Post are seeking to recruit an experienced Event Executive to work as an integral part of our Regional Events Team. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a robust portfolio of promotional, community and corporate events which include: Mum of the Year, Environmental Awards, Job Fairs, through to very high profile Business Awards.
About the company
Trinity Mirror plc, has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Selling sponsorship to local Businesses months in advance of the event
- Managing budgets and time scales, including full Profit and Loss accounts
- Researching suitable venues, suppliers, entertainment and ugest speakers whilst negotiating prices with suppliers and contractors
- Promoting and raising the profile of the business across key events
- Influential in engaging well with your audience in a confident manner to achieve effective results
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have a strong sales background with previous experience in commercially profitable events
- Ideally, you will have previous project management experience in order to work on multiple tasks
- Familiarity with AV and Production is desirable
- Excellent negotiation tactics is desirable, as championing events can be a key driver within our business
- Ability to remain resolute and assertive in challenging situations in order to identify new opportunities and achieve targets
- You will possess a full clean driving licence
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, in return for this commitment, we offer a competitive salary + bonus, full training and management support and a generous holiday package.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.