Facilities Maintenance Technician
Facilities Maintenance Technician-Watford
£Competitive salary plus benefits
Trinity Mirror group plc is seeking to recruit a Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our team in Watford. Working primarily within the Engineering Building Services team this role will focus on the day to day running of the building facilities including reactive and planned maintenance to hot/cold water systems and air handling systems.
Trinity Mirror PLC, has an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one the UK’S largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without dedicated employees driving our business forward.
- Proactively respond to equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and implementing repairs
- Working closely with the engineering services team to continuously improve and increase plant reliability and performance
- Retaining clear and concise work records
- Carrying out planned/reactive maintenance across the site and adhering to guidelines accordingly
- Undertaking quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe and accurate standard
- Stock control and waste removal support
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll have a formal, recognised qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise work accordingly and use initiative to make decisions
- Knowledge of control systems, along with good IT skills
- Technical ability and understanding of building facilities ie, heating and ventilation, hot/cold water systems
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- FLT licence (desired)
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive salary and pension, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process