Field Sales Executive
Through a consultative and creative sales approach you will be tasked with driving new business into the BGSD (Bristol I Gloucestershire I Somerset I Dorset) region of Trinity Mirror PLC. Through truly understanding our potential customer’s needs you will utilise both offline and online marketing tools to deliver a creative response driven solution that positively starts BGSD’s working relationship with that customer.
- Forges strong departmental relationships (Marketing, Creative Studio ETC) in order to enhance not only our service standards but the effectiveness of our campaigns and sales approach.
- Create and work to a planned structure that is driven towards achieving set expectations and targets, adjusting when required to facilitate both business and customer needs.
- Is focused on building and securing long term marketing campaigns that support both BGSD and most importantly our customers’ business.
- Is a pro-active self-developer and takes time to enhance their own knowledge, skill and performance. Focusing on enhancing credibility as a Marketing Professional and knowledge of the customer’s industry (Trends, News and Events).
- Attends all Training and Development initiatives and is proactive in implementing all learned skills, knowledge or behaviours into the day to day functionality of their role.
- Takes time to research the customer’s industry highlighting key news, trends and events that could support.
- Is passionate about marketing and media and takes time to research future and current changes to product development and our industry as a whole.
- Naturally takes a creative approach to problem solving which is demonstrated not only through a proposed marketing solution but within the delivery of each individual marketing product i.e. Copywriting, layouts, themes etc.
- Takes time to forge new ideas and concepts that push the boundaries of the norm and have the tenacity to transform an idea / concept into reality.
- Adheres to all operational procedures and applies the highest level of attention to detail when using any of our internal systems.
- Is customer focused at all times and ensures the highest level of service is applied at each customer touch point.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for their actions whilst being a positive influence to the direct and wider teams.
- Ensures effective and structured communication methods are applied internally and externally.
Sales & Customer Responsibilities
- Takes a methodical approach to pre- sales preparation and customer research in-order to maximise the impact provided at each stage of the sales process.
- Use existing CRM and marketing data to form a comprehensive sales pipeline from our former, lapsed and prospect customer data base..
- Research and identify new business leads through a variety of means.
- Uses existing and learned sales skills to convert cold calls into fixed meaningful appointments.
- On appointments take a consultative approach to needs analysis, finding the core business needs and opportunities in order to build effective marketing solutions that deliver on the customers’ needs.
- Utilises relevant sales-tools to support all customer appointments.
- Takes on-board customers’ needs and comments in-order to create multi-media marketing solutions that demonstrate a return on investment at all times.
- Create solution presentations that demonstrate our knowledge of the customer, their industry and of their sales cycle. Whilst pin-pointing how our products will fix the customers problems / create opportunities.
- Use provided technology and products to enhance the experience the customer receives through a presentation.
- Is self and customer aware whilst closing and adapts the closing style to suit the customer and the situation.
- When applicable pre-empts customer objections through the sales presentation. Is confident at handling objections and uses experience and knowledge to overcome.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have exceptional time management, organisational and interpersonal skills to support the overall customer sales journey.
- Experience of working in both the Private & Public Sector.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understands the marketing and business process.
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview), free car parking.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror Group, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six the thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.