Front End Engineer
We are tasked to create a band of amazing people to tackle the biggest media challenge of all: Content Monetisation. We’re passionate about creating a new user paradigm, that puts the user and content in the
centre and allows for seamless journeys between finding something inspiring through media and acquiring it right at your point of inspiration.
We re-invent how users engage with content and come up with new ways of monetising content moving away from traditional advertising.
The team is acting independently as a standalone startup, with secured funding and we’re already generating revenue, close to becoming self-sustained. This is a unique opportunity to be part of something that has the speed, agility, and independence of a top-tier startup, with the might of a huge corporation. While at the same time being part of a broad ecosystem, where you can learn and evolve next to great people.
We build software that relies on a lot of fast paced experimentation and iterations. We are
lucky to have access to almost 300Mil unique users and their user behaviours on our
website, so we are in a unique position to make something unique and amazing!
As our Front-End engineer you will be part of the process, working closely with our UX and Tech Lead, building interfaces that provide value to our users. You will own all the front-end infrastructure and compliment our full-stack team working on the back-end or full-stack if necessary to complete your front-end products.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about building user interfaces that enable users to solve their problems.
- Strong engineering background, in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics etc.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and rapid iteration with users.
- Very competitive salary
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. We’re well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.