Front End Engineer
We are tasked to create a band of amazing people to tackle the biggest media challenge of all: Content Monetisation.
We’re passionate about creating a new user paradigm, that puts the user and content in the center and allows for seamless journey between finding something and acquiring it with 1 click.
The team is acting independently as a standalone startup, with secured funding and we’re already generating revenue, close to becoming self-sustained.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of something that has the speed, agility, and independence of a top-tier startup, with the might of a huge corporation; while at the same time be part of a broad ecosystem, where you can learn and evolve next to great people.
We build software that relies on a lot of fast paced experimentation and iterations. We are lucky to have access to almost 140Mil unique browsers and their user behaviours on our website, so we are in a unique position to make something unique and amazing!
As our Front-End engineer you will be part of this process, working closely with our UX Lead and our Tech lead, building interfaces that provide great value to our users on one side and be technically strong on the other.
You will own all the front-end infrastructure and compliment our full-stack team working on the back-end or full-stack if necessary to complete your front-end products.
The Ideal Candidate
- We’re looking for people who can write clean, effective code- test drive development is a must.
- You are passionate about building user interfaces that enable users to solve their problems.
- Strong engineering background, in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and rapid iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Working in in AdTech or Media companies would be a plus
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. We’re well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK. With close to 140m monthly unique users across our web and mobile products, we are building exciting products that engage our customers.