Group Accountant - ACA / CIMA / ACCA
Trinity Mirror, the UK’s largest national and regional multimedia publisher is seeking a qualified Group Accountant to join our Group Reporting team at our head office in Canary Wharf. The Group portfolio spans the country and our publications, websites and digital services bring news, entertainment and new opportunities to local, regional and national audiences every day.
You’ll be joining a small, efficient team that is responsible for the timely and accurate production of the Group's consolidated management and financial accounts, forecasts and budgets for senior management, the main Board, shareholders and the City.
You’ll have group accounting experience of sizeable financial consolidations through either audit or group finance work and will be looking to develop these in this commercially focused role.
- Timely and accurate production of consolidated weekly & monthly management accounts and reports; periodic financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, statistical and non-financial information.
- Analysis and consolidation of 3 year profit forecast submissions, including developing one forecast into an annual budget.
- All aspects of the production of the Group's published Annual Report and Accounts, Annual Announcements, Half-Yearly Financial Report and associated slide presentation to analysts.
- Ensuring the Group's accounting policies, procedures and controls reflect all current accounting standards and guidelines and help advise on implications of proposed changes to standards, legislation and regulatory requirements covering both IFRS and UKGAAP.
- Preparation, review and finalisation of statutory accounts for all subsidiaries.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified ACA / CIMA / ACCA.
- Proven group accounting experience of large financial consolidations through audit of a plc group or working in a group finance role on the consolidation of group management and/or financial accounts.
- Up to date knowledge of standards, both IFRS and UKGAAP, company law and regulatory requirements
- Experience of consolidation systems such as BPC.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. Over the last few years the business has experienced phenomenal online growth and their digital portfolio alone reaches nearly 140m unique users and the overall the business generates revenues well in excess of £600m and solid profits.
Led by CEO Simon Fox, investment in digital is crucial to Trinity Mirror’s business strategy and the acquisition of Local World in 2015, strengthened Trinity Mirror’s foothold in local markets. The business is now well on its way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.
This combination of physical products, national digital reach and a strong local footprint is the perfect base for establishing a future product portfolio fuelled by content, technology, and data.