HR Advisory Service Team Manager
Being Trinity Mirror’s HR Advisory Services Team Manager is a key role within our HR function. Reporting to the Head of HR Services you will lead the group HR advisory team in delivering a customer focused HR guidance and support service to the business (UK wide).
Working collaboratively with the HR Business Partners you will provide guidance, direction and coaching to your team of remote and central advisors. Developing, driving and delivering a consistent, efficient and effective service to all line managers and employees across the Trinity Mirror group
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing over six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Scottish Daily Record and Sunday Mail to name a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative HR professional who has previous experience of leading a HR team within a HR Services environment. Managing a team of HR Advisors, you will work collaboratively with the Head of HR services to coach and develop the team.
You'll be able to rapidly build strong working relationships at all levels and able to develop and coach a high performing team. Ideally, you will have experience of Generalist HR work in addition to HR Analytics and data management and demonstrate a pragmatic approach to solving problems.
What you'll be doing
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- Ensure the HR Advisor team provide support and guidance to managers on all employee relations and performance management issues
- Monitor the support provided to line managers and team leaders in the application of HR and ER policies, procedures and guidelines by the team
- Supervise the team in providing advice and guidance to managers on all aspects of HR queries including disciplinaries, appeals and hearings. Managing the absence process, change, restricting and downsizing initiatives as requested by the HR Business Partners
- Coordinate and prioritise work activity within the team to enable consistent HR support across the internal and external business
- Deliver through the team of advisors Management Development Programmes on HR related subjects to up skill the Management population
- Review regular Management Information reports, support analysis of results and make recommendations to the HR Business Partners to support a consistent approach throughout the Trinity Mirror group
- Highlight any FAQs or common trends in policy queries to the relevant function Head or specialist lead and promote awareness and communication of policy changes and employment law developments to the HR advisory team.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a base salary of £38 - 40,000 per annum (depending on experience), 33 days holidays including Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.