HR Business Partner (East and West Midlands)
This role will work in partnership with senior stakeholders within the business/function and the wider teams, working strategically to develop and implement an effective people plan supporting the function's business objectives and delivering operational excellence.
Acting as a trusted strategic partner and change agent alongside business heads and senior leaders, this role will actively drive the creation, development and implementation of the people dimensions of the business strategy.
- Work across the East and West Midlands, which accounts for 13 sites and c. 800 staff. These sites include Birmingham, Stoke, Derby and Nottingham.
- Provide organisation development, change management expertise and a value-adding partnership to the business.
- Work closely with Senior Leaders in order to develop an HR agenda that closely supports the overall aims of the organisation.
- Diagnosis of critical issues affecting the business function, preventing or blocking them achieving their aims/strategic goals.
- Facilitating change initiatives.
- Leading/driving cross functional projects that deliver value to our businesses and a ROI.
- Driving the talent agenda across client group working closely with specialist functions to develop and implement sustainable plans.
- Monitoring and sourcing internal talent across the business to address skills gaps/future needs.
- Lead succession planning discussions.
- Commercially focused and able to manage multiple change programmes to drive down costs and to support the growth agenda.
- Working with Resourcing team, provide sponsorship and drive the execution of a cohesive talent acquisition strategy that focuses on attracting, retaining and developing talent.
- Reviewing the compensation and benefits offering and ensuring it is fit for purpose across all areas.
- Working in collaboration with Senior stakeholders, Regional HR team and the wider HR team, Specialist HR functions, Finance and Trade Union Officials
The Ideal Candidate
Required critical behaviours
- Able to work flexibility from home or any site within the region as required
- Progressive HR Thinker
- Highly resilient and able to work at pace on multiple projects or change initiatives
- Pragmatic approach to resolving issues
- Able to define and deliver innovative solutions to business critical situations
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Visible Leadership
- Able to demonstrate change leadership & management capabilities
- Self driven and motivated, with the ability to work as part of a remote HR team
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong leader and people manager
- Strategic/critical thinker
- Excellent facilitation, public speaking, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Substantial experience in HR through progressively more responsible positions covering all HR generalist HR areas.
- CIPD Level 7 or equivalent recognised qualification/ degree in related subject (or ability to demonstrate equivalent levels of functional knowledge)
- Knowledge of/ know how to work in a matrixed model
- Experience with dispersed workforce
- Experience of working in a multi-site operation, and working remotely
- Solid project management background and experience with HR technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 25 days holiday
- Company car
About the Company
Trinity Mirror plc is one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishers. We publish over 150 newspaper brands, including the Mirror and the Daily Record, as well as iconic market-leading regional and local newspaper titles. Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror's strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining strong positions across print and digital channels.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.