HR Systems & Reporting Manager
As one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishers, Trinity Mirror Group publish over 150 newspaper brands, including the Mirror, Liverpool Echo and the Manchester Evening NEWS. A rare opportunity has now arisen within our team for an experienced HR Systems & Reporting Manager.
As a member of the Trinity Mirror HR Shared Services management team, this role will both lead the HR Systems team and maintain Trinity Mirrors HR, Payroll & self service systems.
As well as managing a team of two, you will also maintain all HR systems and effectively support the development of current and implementation of new systems. Within this role, you will directly contribute to weekly management meetings where you will support teams with their individual ongoing focuses.
- To carry out all routine and reactive maintenance tasks necessary to ensure the effective operation of the managed services.
- To maintain and control end user security, access and profiles in line with company policy and legal requirements on data protection.
- Support internal establishment control as required by Superusers to ensure the integrity of internal hierarchies.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans with provider
- Carry out system configuration and control all update and new release roll outs
- To maintain system reporting services and create bespoke reports as required and authorised.
- To ensure that the interfaces between the in house and managed services system operate effectively, troubleshooting solutions and rectifying any incidents as and when required.
- Maintain and update as necessary internal alerts and settings including standard table maintenance as required.
- To ensure core integrity and control core system changes liaising with between all functions to minimise impact and disruption to services and efficiency.
- Support user groups in developing and using the system as required.
- Implement and drive process improvements across the teams, working collaboratively with the wider HR function and the business to ensure standardisation and process efficiencies are delivered
- Review regular Management Information reports, support analysis of results and make recommendations to the HR Business Partners to support a consistent approach throughout the Trinity Mirror group
The Ideal Candidate
- A demonstrable knowledge and understanding of software development and maintenance
- Knowledge of sequel (SQL) report writing
- ONC or HNC level of equivalent in IT systems or related subject
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and people management skills
- Action orientated, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Understand centralised HR operating model
- Experience in using NGA resource link or similar HR and payroll systems
- 3 to 5 years system maintenance and configuration experience
- Experience in working with HR and payroll systems
- Experience of managing and analysing data and reports
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.