Head of Delivery (Enterprise IT)
Trinity Mirror is transitioning to become a more dynamic and fast moving culture focused on rapid innovation, a ‘fail fast’ attitude, and rapidly bringing successful product experiments to scale. This mindset also applies to enterprise technology.
Enterprise IT provides the technology and services that help enable Trinity Mirror to fulfill its strategic business goals. The Head of Delivery is a critical new role in the Enterprise IT department, responsible for defining and delivering programmes and projects to the business units as well as providing oversight and effective governance to the IT Projects Office. The emphasis of the IT Projects Office is about rapid delivery and true business enablement. An element of the role will have a roving brief i.e they can affect change in areas beyond programme and project delivery.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing complex IT programmes and projects in a distributed environment where a relentless focus on end user needs is second nature. They will be comfortable delivering their own programmes and projects as well as providing leadership, oversight and effective governance to the IT Projects Office. They will manage the IT programme portfolio. This new role is about “getting things done, fast”.
This is a great opportunity to lead a key function within IT for an ambitious, experienced delivery professional, this is an exciting environment to make a real difference at Trinity Mirror.
- Accountable for the management and successful delivery of Trinity Mirror’s IT portfolio using 3rd party delivery partners and outsourced IT service providers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Programme Managers within the IT Projects Office.
- Accountable for the IT Project Office governance and processes.
- Bring about continuous strategic alignment between IT delivery and the business needs and be an expert adviser on all Trinity Mirror IT delivery matters.
- Lead multi-stream programmes in a complex, multiple stakeholder, matrix managed technology environment across the UK and Ireland.
- Continuously be looking for areas to improve delivery effectiveness all across IT including BAU activities.
- Set up and run “product experiments” with the application teams to validate hypotheses.
- Shape programmes and projects utilising a variety of delivery frameworks, methodologies and tools.
- Use very strong influencing skills to communicate complex technologies and processes in a clear and coherent way to a multitude of stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience delivering projects in an outsourced environment, liaising with multiple business units, conflicting priorities and projects (both internal and external service providers and suppliers) at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complex projects and ideally programmes.
- Experienced using agile project management methods.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and diligent.
- Experience in dealing with Infrastructure and application projects.
- Competent in the areas of benefits realisation management.
- Entrepreneurial by nature with a strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to work under pressure and identify and prioritise key issues, in a dynamic
- Reasonably technically adept with a broad range of technology knowledge and experience.
- Passionate about delivery with a natural ability to break down barriers.
- Confident in challenging business requests to ensure you are continuously delivering the best possible outcomes.
- Able to multitask with a positive, flexible, can do attitude.
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. Over the last few years the business has experienced phenomenal online growth and their digital portfolio alone reaches nearly 140m unique users and the overall the business generates revenues well in excess of £600m and solid profits.
Led by CEO Simon Fox, investment in digital is crucial to Trinity Mirror’s business strategy and the acquisition of Local World in 2015, strengthened Trinity Mirror’s foothold in local markets. The business is now well on its way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.
This combination of physical products, national digital reach and a strong local footprint is the perfect base for establishing a future product portfolio fuelled by content, technology, and data.