Trinity Mirror is looking for an Insight Executive to join its group Insight team. The team is part of Inventions, the marketing and content creation area of Trinity Mirror Solutions. The team provides insight and analysis across our portfolio of websites and print products, to enable informed decision making across the business (Nationals and Regionals). The role reports into the Insight Manager.
Working for the commercial ad sales teams in a fast moving media environment, our role has to support the growth and retention of ad revenue from display and creative solutions advertising, however we also provide data and analysis to editorial to Senior Management and there is some liaison with other departments such as business development and circulation.
The successful candidate will need to provide an accurate understanding of the market and consumers through use of syndicated industry data, industry news and data from our own bespoke research projects. They must be able to analyse and interpret various types of information and pull it together into useful reports and presentations which are relevant to the specific audience and will help direct business decisions. Experience in a media or research capacity is desirable as is an interest in what makes consumers tick.
They will be joining a small, hard-working and friendly team whose function is to deliver high-level, actionable consumer insights to the commercial and editorial teams. The team are involved in a genuinely diverse range of projects, from campaign evaluation, sales pitches & campaign evaluation, advertising category development, consumer trends, audience understanding, market share reporting and editorial product evaluation. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable managing an eclectic workload, sometimes with short deadlines and utilising a broad range of methodologies.
Specifically this role will take responsibility for advertiser campaign evaluation (pre and post) and with the support of senior team members commission (the research agency), questionnaire write, evaluate and present findings internally and externally.
This person will also work closely with our Panel manager to learn the software that runs our Mouthpiece panel to provide scripting and analysis support as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
The job would suit someone who:
- Is an independent, flexible thinker who’s equally comfortable with detailed data analytics and creativity.
- Is a good team player, but able to use their own initiative and work independently
- Is a confident communicator with a positive disposition
An ideal candidate would have an understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies with experience of providing campaign evaluation either through a research agency, media owner or agency. However candidates that demonstrate they have a real interest in these areas will also be considered. No panel management is necessary as training will be given.
- Analysing and interpreting a wide variety of data including readership, consumer and digital data
- Questionnaire writing and presentation building
- Advertising campaign evaluation using either internal systems or (supervised) commissioning external research and working with sales teams and research agencies.
- Supporting regular market research on TM titles and websites and ensuring findings from research are analysed, explained and shared with the team and relevant audiences
- Providing project management support, as necessary
- Report writing for standard senior management reports
- Supporting the Insight team with ad hoc requests (data or desk research primarily)
- Playing a role in identifying, exploring and presenting new opportunities (commercial or editorial) for our business, as well as facilitating product development, marketing and brand strategy support.
- Experience in interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience of IMS or Telmar and familiar with NRS / TGI/ Touchpoints or other syndicated media industry research surveys
- Excellent Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan + flexible benefits
About the Company
In return we will offer you a generous remuneration package, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, a pension scheme and many more benefits.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process