Marketing Executive – North East
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Trinity Mirror for a Marketing specialist to join our established North East Commercial Marketing team. Working across the North East region but predominantly based at The Chronicle offices in Newcastle, you will be directly responsible for creating brand campaigns designed to support our commercial teams in retaining, and winning new digital advertising campaigns.
Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror’s strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining strong and leading positions across print and digital channels.
The Chronicle and Teesside Gazette are a part of the Trinity Mirror Group and is one of the UK's largest multimedia publishers, with an award-winning portfolio of five national and 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
We publish more than 150 newspaper titles across the UK & Ireland, from the national presence of the Daily Mirror, the Daily Record, the Sunday Mirror, the Sunday People and the Sunday Mail, to local favourites such as the Liverpool Echo, Welsh Daily Post and Chester Chronicle.
We have a network of more than 80 websites providing 24/7 coverage of the news, sport and showbiz stories that matter to more than 110m unique browsers every month via mobile, desktop, social and newspaper brands.
We are a dynamic and growing media business and are ‘Everywhere, Every minute, Every day’ and commercially provide creative, response driven marketing solutions to both local, national and international businesses.
As a Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for working closely with commercial colleagues to provide strategic and tactical marketing collateral and analysis, designed to drive commercial growth and audience development for the Trinity Mirror North East media portfolio. In addition to this, other elements of your role will include:
- Supporting the Head of Brand & Partnerships in raising the profile of our brands in their regions in creative, modern, remarkable, interesting ways that get our brands talked about positively
- The translation of product, market and audience insights into relevant marketing messages, creating compelling sales support material
The Ideal Candidate
- To be successful in this role you will be a creative, innovative modern thinker with positive digital approach and a passion for media.
- Excellent planning/organisational skill, proven time management skills
- Excellent PR and communication skills – written and aural to deliver complex ideas and concepts in a clear understandable format at all levels
- Proven track record of building positive relationships at all levels within a complex organisation and to external businesses for the benefit of both parties
- Proven track record in generating and implementing effective, creative multi-channel campaigns and messaging across B2B and B2C markets
- Ideally you will have experience, and are comfortable with Graphic design systems.
- Competitive salary plus pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Access to an extensive and flexible company benefits portfolio
About the Company
What You Need To Know
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.