Mirror.co.uk News Reporters (Casual)
Mirror.co.uk is looking for outstanding weekday and weekend news reporter shifters to join our award-winning team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing dynamic team and drive forward the Mirrors extensive editorial content and digital presence.
The ideal candidate will have reporting/newsdesk experience on regional papers, at an agency or on a national newspaper/website. You will be adept at writing and bringing in a wide-range of engaging human interest and hard-hitting news stories, filing fast, accurate copy and know what works for a digital audience.
What you’ll do
- Write and develop stories with strong headlines, great pictures and engaging video
- Break exclusives to ensure Mirror Online stays a step ahead of our rivals
- Spot new angles to turn an average tale into a great story
- Live blogging and fast-turn around on major news stories in UK and around the world
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience at a national or major regional title
- Strong news sense.
- Sound legal knowledge.
- Outstanding editing, writing and subbing skills.
- Excellent communication.
- Good eye for what content works best online.
- Good, current SEO knowledge.
- Brilliant organisational qualities.
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible approach to shift work – this role will involve days, nights and weekends
- Working knowledge of Escenic CMS and Chartbeat.
- Track record of providing engaging, distinctive and entertaining digital content.
- An understanding of the kind of material that works on Mirror Online.
- Good social media skills.
Competitive daily rate...
About the Company
Mirror Online is the intelligent tabloid, a multiple award winner and the fastest growing news outlet in the UK. We are part of Trinity Mirror plc, the UK’s largest multimedia publisher with over 150 newspaper brands. These include The Mirror and The Daily Record, as well as iconic market-leading regional titles.