Multi Media Journalist Trainee - Hertfordshire & Essex
Multimedia Journalist Trainees – Hertfordshire and Essex
We have some fantastic opportunities for recent NCTJ-qualified graduates to join Trinity Mirror's Hertfordshire and Essex newsrooms as we undergo a rapid expansion.
As a multimedia journalist trainee, you will generate story ideas, writing them with our digital audience in mind, create and curate further multimedia content and put together total content packages which work brilliantly on all of our platforms.
The role will require considerable flexibility and agility, however in return, this is the starting platform to a role as a fully-fledged journalist within 18 months to two years.
We expect a lot from our trainees, but in return for your effort and commitment we will give you comprehensive mentoring and support.
With great opportunities to progress, this could be the job for you.....
Our business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s top ten multimedia companies employing over 6,000 people across more than 60 locations around the country.
In Hertfordshire and Essex, Trinity Mirror's websites bring in more than 1.5m unique visitors a month and it's only getting higher as we continue our relentless focus on bringing people the news when they want it and how they want it.
What we want from you
Teamwork, enthusiasm and professionalism are paramount to our success and we need people who will get stuck in from day one.
You will create compelling content that drives outstanding digital engagement and plays a full part in growing our audiences online and in print.
You will hold a NCTJ Journalism pre-entry qualification (or equivalent) 100wpm shorthand and be able to drive.
You will use your advanced digital skills and analytics to win new audiences and explore opportunism for growth.
You will be responsible for helping the editorial team and the whole business to continuously innovate and change to remain a successful media organisation.
In order to succeed in this role you will:
* Deliver high quality, thoroughly researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content packages on a daily basis to agreed deadlines
* Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
* Have knowledge of social media and searching tools (i.e. Tweetdeck, Geofeedia etc) to dig out stories
* Have a knowledge of shareable content, audience behaviour and advanced digital storytelling skills - using third party tools
* Have an established presence on social media with a proven track record of running professional/brand accounts to a high standard
* Have live blogging skills, knowledge of best practice for live coverage and a good understanding and proven track record of what makes a live blog stand out
* Know how to shoot video, audio and pictures and edit where necessary
* Demonstrate a variety of ways to tell stories and a portfolio that contains different methods of digital storytelling
* Source third party content, including blogs, video, audio and pictures, where appropriate to add value to content packages
* Take responsibility for themes of content, such as geographic areas, campaigns or other areas of interest, as directed by the content desk
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary (depending on experience), 33 days holidays including bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio.
The closing date for this role is Friday, March 10. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.