Multimedia Journalist - Teesside
We are looking to recruit a Multimedia Journalist to join our experienced team based in Teeside. This is a great chance to work in a fantastic newsroom in the North East of England.
We're looking for reporters to work on www.gazettelive.co.uk, soon to be rebranded as Teesside Live, and our print title The Gazette in our digital newsroom in Middlesbrough.
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll create compelling, original, shareable stories and videos for publication on our website, app and social media platforms.
You will be full of ideas for telling stories online, and tuned in to the kind of content and headlines which will drive audience through search and social media.
You’ll use your social media savvy to source and share stories that get Teesside talking, and will work with pace and creativity on breaking news as part of our dynamic reporting team.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll be a qualified journalist with up-to-date media law, and will need proven experience of news reporting, as well as a strong presence on social media.
- Confident and capable in front of and behind the camera, you’ll be adept at telling stories through video.
- You’ll need to be creative and energetic, with outstanding writing skills and the flexibility to meet the changing demands of our audience.
- Great attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to think on your feet under deadline pressure are essential, and you’ll also need to hold a full driving licence.
- Above all, you will need passion, ambition, self-motivation and the desire to succeed.
If you think you can bring these skills and attributes to our dynamic and fast-paced newsroom, please apply in writing with CV and a covering letter.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror plc, has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UKs largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.