A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative Multimedia Journalist to join the Cambridge News, which is part of the UK’s largest publisher of regional newsbrand. Cambridge News is one Trinity Mirror's fastest expanding online newsbrands. You will be highly motivated with the ability to provide digital-first, high quality and accurate content across a variety of publishing channels.
About the company
Trinity Mirror, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing over 5000 people across more than 60 locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Write compelling content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Possess an eye for photography and upload a range of audio, video and images across various publishing platforms, whilst recording accurate metadata
- Source and trigger online reaction to breaking news to ensure maximum crowd-sourced input into stories
- Build and maintain strong contacts and be an ambassador for the company on all assignments
- Shoot video and edit it to an acceptable standard for broadcasting online
- Deliver off-diary stories and compile and maintain a daily/weekly jobs list
- Record interviews for online platforms and edit audio to an acceptable standard for transmission online
- Ensure content is produced to spike deadline
- Maintain an active presence on social media
- Take part in community initiatives as opportunities arise to increase audience, contributors and content direct
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll possess excellent attention to detail and deliver a right-first-time approach to all content generation, meeting agreed deadlines. Along with this, you must be able to maintain an active presence on social media, utilising opportunities to connect with an audience. You will be required to work flexibly across all publication platforms to suit the needs of the business and support colleagues. We would be willing to consider an exceptional Trainee or a Senior for this role.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (where applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.