Night News Editor (Sunday)
Are you ready to take the next step up the journalism career ladder to join the reporting team and news desk of one of the UK’s biggest newspapers? We are looking for a Night News Editor to join our dynamic team and cover the news desk on Sunday nights.
- Working on breaking and developing news stories, providing fast, accurate copy to tight deadlines.
- Communicating with reporters, senior executives from all departments including our online team and members of the public is also crucial.
- The role will involve some night news editing and forward planning responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant qualification in journalism.
- Demonstrate the highest level of reporting skills, initiative and sound judgement in a demanding newspaper environment.
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadline.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of current affairs.
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of the political and moral stance of the newspaper and to identify and develop stories accordingly.
- Ability to develop a broad contact base. Resourceful, inquisitive and tenacious, with good interpersonal skills. Displaying a high level of creativity and originality.
Competitive + benefits
About the Company
Trinity Mirror plc is one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishers. We publish over 150 newspaper brands, including the Mirror and the Daily Record, as well as iconic market-leading regional and local newspaper titles. Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror's strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining strong positions across print and digital channels.