Project Manager (Media)
Working as part of the Invention project management team, the Project Manager will support the Senior Project Managers and Creative Editorial Directors in delivering world-class content marketing campaigns – including branded content, editorial support.
Sharp, savvy and highly organised, the role requires extremely high attention to detail and an agile, pragmatic approach – able to work under pressure, both independently and collaboratively with the wider team.
- Supporting the Senior Project Managers and Creative Editorial Directors in delivering world-class content marketing campaigns – including branded content and editorial
- To help deliver solutions that meet client demands, internal stakeholders and expectations of Trinity Mirror audiences.
- Producing production timelines – and managing internal and external stakeholders to ensure all projects are delivered on-time
- Assisting with pitches by assessing feasibility of creative ideas, finding solutions to deliver innovative content and exploring how they will be delivered to compile accurate production costs, based on Invention Rate Card
- Working closely with the Creative team and clients to ensure creative ideas meet internal and external expectations
- Briefing design, writers, sub-editors, photographers, videographers, marketing, picture researchers, production, editorial, Ad Ops and external suppliers on creative ideas – managing workflow and ensuring work is produced on brief and to the standard expected
- Scoping out production costs – and managing production budgets. Keeping accurate records of invoices, processing payments and maintaining accurate and up to date project P&Ls
- Proofing content and creative executions to clients
- Taking in client amends – while adhering to editorial house style and staying true to the creative concept
- Working closely with clients on creative executions to ensure they are happy with the final creative – then sending to press, ensuring copy deadlines are not missed
- Keeping accurate records of campaign activity for Post Campaign Analysis – including print PDFs, online screengrabs and videos
- Briefing ARQIVE, our in-house content testing team, to ensure all major executions are tested with our reader panel
The Ideal Candidate
- An understanding of editorial, together with the media landscape, is essential. Our work bridges the gap between editorial content and advertiser objectives – and, crucially, resonating with audience.
- Experience of client management and the ability to communicate confidently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels are essential, as the project manager will act as the main point of contact for clients – and be required to liaise with editorial, design, production, picture desk and other internal departments to ensure that creative campaigns are delivered to the highest standard.
- The candidate will need to be adept at managing multiple projects at any one time, and is calm and cool under pressure, able to react quickly and pragmatically to client demands to deliver content which delights and excites.
- A high degree of numeracy is also key – as the project manager will be required to manage campaign production budgets, process invoices and maintain accurate P&L records - ensuring campaigns are delivered on budget.
- The project manager will be responsible for commissioning, briefing and managing the workflow of writers, sub-editors, design, photographers, videographers and more – depending on the project – so the ability manage others, brief effectively and negotiate rates is key.
- An understanding of Content Watch and CMS systems such as Escenic is advantageous but not essential
- On-going development and real career progression across the group
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, holiday purchase and other employee discount schemes
- Flexible working opportunities
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (where applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
`Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies with an award-winning portfolio of influential newspapers, websites and digital products including national titles and many iconic regional news brands.
Trinity Mirror speaks for mass-market Britain – and this drives us editorially and commercially.
Trinity Mirror Solutions is the team that brings together Trinity Mirror’s editorial output with media agencies and clients – we collaborate to create branded content with real editorial merit which engages our mass market audience.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.