Regional Marketing Manager
Regional Marketing Manager Birmingham
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at the UK's leading print and digital publishing brands. Local World part of the Trinity Mirror Group are looking for a Regional Marketing Manager to join their regional team. This is a regional role and the successful candidate will be required to travel between centres on a weekly basis and must hold a full UK driving license.
Do you have a real passion for Marketing and Media and want the opportunity to develop in a leading organisation? Then read on...
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UKs largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Stoke Sentinel, Birmingham Mail, Liverpool Echo and Manchester Evening News to name a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
What youll be doing
You will support the commercial sales teams across the West Midlands region in achieving their revenue targets by positioning the individual businesses as print and multimedia specialists. You'll be raising the profile of our brands across the region in a creative, modern, remarkable and interesting way that get our brands talked about positively.
You will conduct an analysis of our marketplace and audience and provide valuable insight to our senior management team and commercial teams.
The role will require you to respond quickly to marketplace opportunities to creatively capitalise upon them profitably and in line with our marketing and audience goals. Ideally you will have a degree in Marketing (or equivalent) and be confident with marketing insights & analytics.
In order to succeed in this role, you will:
- Be creative, innovative modern thinker with positive digital approach and a passion for media
- Self-starter with drive and determination to deliver objectives
- Excellent planning/organisational skill, proven time management skills
- Excellent PR and communication skills written and oral to deliver complex ideas and concepts in a clear understandable format at all levels
- Strong organisational skills with an aptitude for detail
- Proven track record of building positive relationships at all levels within a complex organisation and to external businesses for the benefit of both parties
- Passionate user of new digital media and technology for example apps, devices, blogs, social platforms
- Commercial aptitude is required
What you need to know
Local World has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 33 days holidays including Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.