£competitive + company benefits
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Reporter, brimming with ideas to join the busy newsroom at the Hull Daily Mail. You will deliver high quality, compelling and accurate content that engages with our audience across a wide range of platforms.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK's largest multimedia publishers, with an award winning portfolio of five national and 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
At Trinity Mirror Regionals, we are digital first and audience-focused. Our journalists and titles consistently win awards for agenda-setting news and innovative storytelling, allowing readers to explore information via bespoke digital tools or live blogging and video to cover breaking news and sport. We are experts at using social media and pride ourselves on the digital training and development available to our journalists.
The Hull Daily Mail is the biggest online audience in Yorkshire and is based in the 2017 UK City of Culture.
- Deliver high quality, thoroughly researched, accurate and well-written stories, pictures and video on a daily basis to agreed deadlines as directed by the content desk
- Use social media to spot and generate stories and identify relevant trending content
- Take a ‘right first-time’ approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy
- Identify breaking news by utilising social media as a way to quickly establish further factual information that will support stories
- Utilise a range of digital formats that will enhance coverage and increase brand visibilty
- Build and maintain strong contacts for story-gathering in local communities
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll possess a NCTJ-accredited Journalism qualification, along with 1-2 years experience working on a newspaper. Along with this, you will have a solid understanding of digital publishing including SEO and be motivated by the challenge of producing compelling stories for digital audience spikes.
A full driving licence is preferred for this role.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (where applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.