An exciting opportunity for a Search Executive to join a fast growing national news website in a varied role.
Situated in the data team and working across data, search and editorial teams, this role is key to continuing the growth in natural search traffic for Mirror.co.uk.
Working closely with journalists and editorial staff, the successful candidate will have a passion for news & content marketing, a keen eye for detail, along with a strong interest in search
- Provide SEO advice to editorial teams on breaking news and trending topics
- Highlight opportunities for key areas and topics for growth with existing and new search-focused content
- Build SEO strategy and content plans based on long term trends and keyword research
- Feed back to journalists on headlines and search quality issues
- Make recommendations on content with a basis in data trends
- Manage the content and events calendars to identify seasonal traffic opportunities
- Work with the product team in ensuring SEO is ingrained in new projects across the website
- Refresh or update existing content to keep it relevant and current
- Proactively identify techniques and strategies that would improve day-to-day duties and in turn how we better deliver to traffic targets
- Monitor web analytics, third party & internal search tools to identify and report relevant insights
The Ideal Candidate
- Passion for content marketing and SEO
- Strong analytical skills; experience with Google Analytics, Google Trends and Google Sheets a plus
- Highly confident communicator
- Excellent attention to detail and spelling and grammar
- Strong interest in news & current affairs
- Proven ability to write compelling content is an advantage
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. Over the last few years the business has experienced phenomenal online growth and their digital portfolio alone reaches nearly 140m unique users and the overall the business generates revenues well in excess of £600m and solid profits.
Led by CEO Simon Fox, investment in digital is crucial to Trinity Mirror’s business strategy and the acquisition of Local World in 2015, strengthened Trinity Mirror’s foothold in local markets. The business is now well on its way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.
This combination of physical products, national digital reach and a strong local footprint is the perfect base for establishing a future product portfolio fuelled by content, technology, and data.