We’re looking for a first-rate salesperson who gives us an unfair advantage in winning briefs by:
- Relationships: Having effective relationships with decision makers and influencers within agencies, able to gain inside information and insight to inform our pitch work and increase our conversion rates and revenue performance.
- Tenacity: Hustling content ideas through, seizing opportunities to open or keep open doors from live (and dying) briefs.
- Team thriver: A collaborative team player who shares best practice and knowledge, tapping into the expertise across the wider department to position the creative and strategic expertise we have to agencies at every opportunity.
- Expert: You'll be a media content expert, as comfortable talking about the effectiveness of different formats, knowledgeable about content trends, award winning work and competitor activity (indirect and direct).
- Passion: Whilst you're not expected to come up with the ideas you will be selling in, you are comfortable giving knowledgeable creative feedback to ensure that the content we sell nails the client brief, and helping us win the type of work we want to be producing.
- Informed: Strong knowledge of brand's comms strategy, challenges, current activity, and competitor set, identifying primary targets and strategy for conversion.
- Strategic: Ensuring every contact with agency re-enforces our positioning and way of working, providing ‘nickable assets’ and thought leadership, sourcing useful information to inform and stimulate strategic proactive work.
- Identify, develop and retain revenue-influencing relationships with our customers, both existing and new.
- You are the expert when it comes to your agencies and their brand clients. There isn't anything you don't know about their business, which brands are spending what and where, and pitches and awards the agency wins. You will ensure we retain the strongest of relationships and their utmost confidence in our ability to deliver.
- You will provide regular opportunities for key planning, insight and creative colleagues to speak at your agencies, delivering clear next steps for how those opportunities can help to grow our business.
- You will develop regularly updated plans to keep your agencies abreast of the great work coming out of Invention and Trinity Mirror Solutions.
- Demonstrate clear outcomes from every agency meeting and actively pursue follow-up opportunities.
- Work closely with hub teams internally to develop agency relationships and knowledge .
- You are the eyes and ears of the agency in the Invention creative process, advising our strategic planning and creative teams on what the client are looking for and ensuring that the requirements of the brief are met.
- Working with planning you will set out timelines for the pitch response, scheduling idea tissue sessions with your agency contacts.
- Key to your role in the pitch process will be the background research you do on any given brief. Who else is pitching? What has the agency and brand bought before? What will it take for us to win the pitch? Why do they think we're right for the brief? What other work have the bought? Who is the decision maker?
- Represent Trinity Mirror Solutions Invention within the wider Trinity Mirror business.
Reporting & Bookings
- Forecasting and reporting Trinity Mirror Solutions Invention revenue.
- Regularly updating records of agency contacts and any meetings with them; logging outcomes and next steps.
- Take responsibility for checking all bookings and ensuring all revenue is correctly booked onto the system by the sales support team to minimise queries.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly numerate and an excellent commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities and report performance accurately.
- Excellent profile in the media industry with influential relationships across agency planning and content teams.
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Leads collaboratively, building a strong network of internal stakeholder relationships, sharing knowledge and ensuring convergence of team/specialists.
- An advocate of our culture, personifying Trinity Mirror Solutions principles and behaviours.
- High-impact, engaging personality with the energy to effect change and influence outcomes.
- Strong working knowledge of Digital, National and Regional Press media and the Trinity Mirror portfolio.
- Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace.
- Deep understanding of how Trinity Mirror Solutions products fit into wider UK media marketplace.
- Very competitive salary
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, with an award-winning digital portfolio comprising more than 60 news titles, ranging from national publications such as Mirror Online and large regional publications such as Manchester Evening News to smaller county, city and specialist titles. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. With close to 140m monthly unique users across our digital portfolio, we’re well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.