Security Officer - Watford
Trinity Mirror plc is looking for a Security Officer to join the Security team in Watford. Reporting to the Security Manager you will prevent and minimise damage and loss to the Company. You will also protect any risk to employees, contractors and visitors.
The role will require shift work (inclusive of weekends) 7:00am - 7:00pm.
Trinity Mirror plc , with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing over six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
In order to succeed in this role you will be:
- Booking in/out of contractor vehicles and completing and checking paperwork
- The first point of contact in identifying contractors and visitors and providing site induction training when required
- Issuing and monitoring usage of access control cards
- Conducting regular patrols of the site to identify any breaches of site rules and act/report on any situations that may give rise to risk of fire, theft or damage
- Reporting on any suspected infractions to quality, environmental or health and safety issues
- Maintaining the gatehouse telephone/switchboard skills and operation
- Operating the CCTV system and CCTV playback system
- Operating the use of Card Access system including the preparation of proximity cards and issuing of site passes
- Using the radio system to give instruction to other and control the issue of keys
- Operating and monitoring the fire warning system and taking the appropriate action when needed
- Reacting to the fire alarm by attending the fire zone affected, checking the area and identifying if a fire is present. In such case you will advise the gatehouse by radio/phone of the condition.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a resourceful security professional who has excellent general health with a good level of physical fitness and has the ability to use their own initiative. Ideally, you will have a driving licence and SIA Security Guard licence although not essential. You will be required to undertake a four day First Aider course as the successful candidate will be required to be a qualified first aider.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme plus many other benefits available to you as a Trinity Mirror employee.
About the Company
What You Need To Know
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.