Senior Data Scientist
We are tasked to create a band of amazing people to tackle the biggest media challenge of all: Content Monetisation.
We’re passionate about creating a new user paradigm which puts the user and content in the center and allows for seamless journey between finding something and acquiring it with 1 click.
The team is acting independently as a standalone startup, with secured funding.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of something that has the speed, agility, and independence of a top-tier startup, with the stability of a huge corporation; while at the same time be part of a broad ecosystem, where you can learn and evolve next to great people.
We build software that relies on a lot of fast paced experimentation and iterations. We are lucky to have access to almost 140Mil unique browsers and their user behaviours on our website, so we are in a unique position to make something unique and amazing!
As our Senior Data Scientist you will be part of this process, working closely with engineering and product leads, owning all the AI and algorithms we will be creating.
Create models based on unstructured data to derive actions at scale
Identify product opportunities and be actively involved in shaping up the product
Prototype solutions, conduct data analyses to solve large-scale inference problems, improve existing insight products and introduce new products to delight our customers
Develop best practices around how experiments are run and analyzed
Working with: Our Tech Lead and independently.
The Ideal Candidate
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, operations research, or related area
- Experience creating NLP / DL models to extract insights, create features and provide recommendations, mixing content and user data
- Experience applying quantitative methods to real world problems
- Experience with Python, and libraries like scipy, scikit-learn and pandas
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL (experience with NoSQL databases, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redshift or BigQuery is a plus)
- Experience with modern data processing frameworks like Spark is a plus
- Great communication skills, and ability to Get Stuff Done
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. We’re well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK. With close to 140m monthly unique users across our web and mobile products, we are building exciting products that engage our customers.