Senior HR Advisor - Liverpool
The HR Shared Service department is currently embarking on a journey that will see all HR advice to managers provided via a central model. This exciting change has resulted in a fantastic opportunity for a Senior HR Advisor to join our growing team.
For the right candidate, this role enables the successful candidate to influence the behaviour of managers through coaching and guiding. Providing advice predominantly via the telephone, the Senior HR Advisor will support and coordinate key people matters for the wider HR team. Suitable for an established and credible HR Advisor, the role will involve supporting more junior members of the team.
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We employ more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country. Trusted, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print, our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide.
- Providing timely and accurate guidance and advice to all managers within the business regarding people matters
- Efficient and effective management and recording of all people matters
- Development of all people managers via coaching and feedback during people matters
- Pro active assessment and escalation of people matters throughout the business
- Responsibility for advising on the outcome of all escalated, urgent, sensitive and high risk cases
- Completion and checking of complex HR administration activity
- Support HR Business Partners with HR project set up and delivery
- Support the HR Advisory Team Manager in making recommendations to keep policies current
- Support coordination and prioritisation of work activity within the team
The Ideal Candidate
You will possess previous experience in an advisory role along with guiding more junior members of a HR team. Comfortable providing precise and comprehensive advice, you will be adept at coaching hiring managers on a wide range of people matters.
Suitable candidates for this role will acknowledge and understand the importance of delivering exceptional customer service and working collaboratively to achieve this. Ideally, you will have previous experience of working within an organisation that embraces change and supports continuous improvement.
The role will predominantly be based in Liverpool but with the need for travel so flexibility is key.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Trinity Mirror employee.