Senior Video Journalist – Mirror Online
- Suggesting/sourcing/producing video stories for the mirror.co.uk
- Editing to a consistent look and feel for the site
- Being accountable for forward planning of video content in addition to reactive work
- Liaising with other departments about how to get video best-projected on site.
- Reacting to video queries from third parties and senior members of staff.
- Willingness to proactively assist and guide other members of the team.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have proven industry experience in news/celebrity/sport video editorial coverage. They must be passionate about video and have a good knowledge of the vendors in the marketplace.
They will get to work as part of an award-winning team; liaising closely with specialist editors on site. The role is part of a large team who share shifts covering the hours of 7am until midnight.
- A self-starter, able to think on their feet and pitch in concepts to senior management
- A journalistic background with relevant qualifications. An awareness of legal issues around filming and editing
- Editing skills across Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut or similar
- Good contacts and a broad knowledge of the digital video marketplace
- Ability to film on professional HDVs or DSLRs.
- Experience lighting single and multi-camera shoots
- Experience working in a digital publishing newsroom
- Experience with graphics tools such as Adobe After Effects. Photoshop
- Knowledge of video consumption across lead social media sites and on mobile
- Audio VO experience (scripting and/or producing)
- Evidence of an ability to write short-form copy would be a bonus
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.