Senior iOS Developer
Design and develop quality, reusable Swift code for the flagship Trinity Mirror Suite of iOS Apps. You’ll also translate feature requirements into application design, collaborate and work closely with engineering and product teams. Maintaining code quality via code reviews and pair programming will also be heavily involved in this role.
Quality is really important to you - your code is well organised, clean, self-documenting with comments where necessary. You are bright, enthusiastic and willing to disrupt but can explain and justify any disruptions. You’re willing to influence and inspire the team with your ideas whilst priding yourself on always being up to date with the latest frameworks and design paradigms. You have as much ease communicating with a newspaper editor as you do a back end developer.
The Ideal Candidate
- Portfolio of apps coded in Swift on the App Store.
- Expert knowledge of Objective-C.
- Xcode UI & Unit Testing.
- Working in an agile development environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Implementing iOS Frameworks.
- Analytical / data driven approach to development.
- Active community engagement; attend hackathons and developer conferences, an active GitHub account or tech blog etc.
- Experience in using and configuring Continuous Integration tools & experience in Xcode Archiving.
- Adept in communicating the technical domain to non technical individuals.
- Very competitive salary
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. We’re well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK. With close to 140m monthly unique users across our web and mobile products, we are building exciting products that engage our customers in their day to day lives.