Service and Innovation Lead
Trinity Mirror has a dynamic and fast moving culture focused on rapid innovation, a ‘fail fast’ attitude, and rapidly bringing successful product experiments to scale. This mindset also applies to enterprise technology.
Several years ago enterprise IT outsourced a large proportion of the IT operations and support to several trusted partners. This transition has been successful, we are now focused on continuous improvement of service delivery.
The Service and Innovation Lead is an important role in the Enterprise Technology Group, responsible for building and managing a Service Innovation and Delivery function that reflects the overarching principles: of rapid delivery, continuous improvement and a low friction, easy engagement with IT.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a service environment that has a relentless focus on End user needs. They will need to be sufficiently hands-on to be able to work with the end users, vendor partners and the rest of the IT teams.
This is a great opportunity to redefine Service delivery within IT. This will require agile thinking with in the areas of true collaboration, meaningful business engagement with a relentless focus on user needs and business enablement. For an ambitious manager, this is an exciting environment to sharpen your skills, help build your career and make a real difference in a critical function within Trinity Mirror.
- Manage the Trinity Mirror Service delivery and innovation function.
- Work with the Technology Leadership team to define a strategy for Service innovation and delivery. Responsible for the delivery of the strategy.
- Work with Technology teams and our outsource partners to continually improve the quality of service delivered to End Users.
- Co-ordinate all Problem Management activities (including major incidents) and manage root-cause follow up for all incidents.
- Manage the operational relationship with our Service Partners and ensure that performance is continually monitored and improved.
- Develop, maintain and monitor for all Service Delivery standards and processes.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements as an open, honest and transparent driver for improvement and an interface between Service Partner and the customer/business.
- Evaluate processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build a light touch, low friction interaction with the Service function for End Users.
- Innovate continuously, identify emerging technologies that add value to End Users, to be considered for use within Service.
- Assess customer feedback and make necessary improvements.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the Workspace experience.
- Work with the Service Partners to refine and maintain the Service Catalog.
- Ensure that the KEDB is maintained, root causes problems identified and actions taken to reduce.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of outsource service models.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and diligent.
- Prepared to fail sometimes and learn from the experience.
- Entrepreneurial by nature with a strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to work under pressure and identify and prioritise key issues, in a dynamic Environment.
- Broad range of technology knowledge and experience.
- Passionate about delivering excellent service and a high quality customer experience.
- Experience managing a Service Delivery function is not required.
- A working knowledge of ITIL is required.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Trinity Mirror employee.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. Over the last few years the business has experienced phenomenal online growth and their digital portfolio alone reaches nearly 140mn unique users and the overall the business generates revenues well in excess of £600m and solid profits.
Led by CEO Simon Fox, investment in digital is crucial to Trinity Mirror’s business strategy and the acquisition of Local World in 2015, strengthened Trinity Mirror’s foothold in local markets. The business is now well on its way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.
This combination of physical products, national digital reach and a strong local footprint is the perfect base for establishing a future product portfolio fuelled by content, technology, and data.