Social Audience Writer – Mirror Online
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented writer to join our growing team. The Social Audience Writer for Mirror Online will be a key part of the Social Audience team. You will have the exciting task of sourcing, writing and creating content which will help us dramatically grow audience on our website and social platforms.
This will involve working alongside a team of other talented writers and video journalists under the guidance and direction of our Social Audience Editor.
You will eagerly monitor what is happening on social platforms then use your experience and imagination to mould trends and conversations into socially shareable content. You will also use your creativity to generate original and unique ideas for content designed to drive social engagement and website traffic to Mirror Online.
This role would be ideally suited to a creative individual who is very comfortable with social media platforms and has a passion for writing.
About Us: Trinity Mirror
Mirror Online is the intelligent tabloid, a multiple award winner and the fastest growing news outlet in the UK. We are part of Trinity Mirror Group, boasting an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products. We are one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six the thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
- Monitor social trends
- Use social platforms and other avenues to source inspiration for attention-grabbing content
- Develop original ideas for content which will perform well on our platforms
- Come up with unique ideas about how we can engage new and existing audiences
- Create socially shareable content targeted at generating engagement on Mirror Online and associated social platforms from new and existing audiences
- Assist wider newsroom in optimising content for a social audience
- Liaise with the Social Growth team to maximise on social engagement
- Facilitate and encourage user-generated content from the audience and targeted contributors
- Assist in managing relevant social channels
The Ideal Candidate
- An understanding of the Mirror.co.uk social readership and the topics which interest/move/entertain them
- Excellent web and social skills
- Journalistic background
- The ability to create socially shareable content
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms
- The ability to liaise with and coordinate external contributors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to generate creative content and campaign ideas
- Comfortable liaising with other departments on projects
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.