Social Media Editor, Mirror Online
Mirror Online is looking for a talented Social Media Editor to join their London-based editorial team. This role will be embedded in the heart of Mirror Online’s main news desk, working as part of a fantastic social team to guide the editorial decisions of journalists and editors in the wider newsroom.
Pitch stories informed by what is engaging well on social media platforms
Edit and post stories and videos on the Mirror Online’s social pages
Oversee successful implementation of social media strategies
Forward plan social media content and coverage
Create best practice documentation
Cover live events and breaking news on social media
Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- Disseminate knowledge and best practice across the business, but particularly in the newsroom
- Work in team managing Mirror Online’s social media feeds and messages
- Help to ensure Mirror Online content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Assist with product testing of new social media developments
- Monitor social media analytics, and produce regular reports
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have proven experience in a digital newsroom
- Will have at least three year’s professional experience working with social media
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Will be a fast, but accurate, worker
- Will have excellent web and social skills
- Will have in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and other social media platforms
This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible.
Competitive Salary + Benefits
About the Company
Trinity Mirror is one of the largest multimedia publishers in the UK with an award-winning portfolio that spans the country. Our media brands bring news, entertainment and new opportunities to local, regional and national communities every day.
We employ 5000 people across more than 60 locations and our publications, websites and digital services help our advertisers connect with large national and regional audiences.
Whether it’s our five national newspapers or our range of much loved regional titles, our iconic publications and news sites provide all the news, sport and showbiz stories that matter
We will start the shortlisting and interviewing process from the 22nd October.