Social Media Editor, Mirror Online
Mirror Online is looking for a talented Social Media Editor to join their London-based editorial team. This role will be embedded in the heart of Mirror Onlines main news desk, working as part of a fantastic social team to guide the editorial decisions of journalists and editors in the wider newsroom.
Trinity Mirror is one of the largest multimedia publishers in the UK with an award-winning portfolio that spans the country. Our media brands bring news, entertainment and new opportunities to local, regional and national communities every day.
We employ 5000 people across more than 60 locations and our publications, websites and digital services help our advertisers connect with large national and regional audiences.
Whether its our five national newspapers or our range of much loved regional titles, our iconic publications and news sites provide all the news, sport and showbiz stories that matter.
- Pitch stories informed by what is engaging well on social media platforms
- Edit and post stories and videos on the Mirror Onlines social pages
- Oversee successful implementation of social media strategies
- Forward plan social media content and coverage
- Create best practice documentation
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- Disseminate knowledge and best practice across the business, but particularly in the newsroom
- Work in team managing Mirror Onlines social media feeds and messages
- Help to ensure Mirror Online content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Assist with product testing of new social media developments
- Monitor social media analytics, and produce regular reports
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have proven experience in a digital newsroom
- Will have at least three years professional experience working with social media
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Will be a fast, but accurate, worker
- Will have excellent web and social skills
- Will have in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and other social media platforms
This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.