Syndication Executives Chadderton, Greater Manchester
Competitive + bonus + benefits
We have three new exciting opportunities to work as Syndication Executives at Trinity Mirror's newly created regional syndication hub in Chadderton, Greater Manchester.
We are seeking people with journalistic experience and excellent news judgement. You will probably have a newspaper or news agency background. You will be expected to maximise revenues by sourcing stories, pictures and videos from a wide range of Trinity Mirror titles to syndicate to national and international media platforms.
Reporting to the Regional Syndication Manager, the candidate will be required to work with our regional news teams to capitalise on the content they create with the aim of delivering maximum revenues.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Check Trinity Mirror websites and print publications for stories suitable for syndication
- Send stories, along with any accompanying pictures and video
- Provide a rolling news service to the media when a live story of national interest breaks
- Sign up clients to exclusive syndication deals, such as with magazines and TV companies
- Answer queries from the media and source archive material when required
The ideal candidate:
- Will possess people skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to identify a local story that could go national and an eye for spotting a video that could go viral
- You will be adept at using social media to source content
- Record story sales and revenues
- Full driving licence
- Comfortable working some evening shifts and weekends where required on a rota basis
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive annual salary (depending on experience), and 33 days holidays including bank holidays (pro rata)
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please dont delay in submitting your application. Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UKs largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. Were well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.