As a key member of the Technology department, you will be responsible for the testing of product enhancements, change requests and bug fixes relating to the Communicator platform and associated products.
Working as part of a SCRUM team, from sprint kick off through to reporting bugs and everything in between, you will be fully engaged in the development process and be able to make a real difference to the ongoing success of the team.
Communicator is a Software-as- a-Service (SaaS) based strategic email service partner, focused on helping ambitious brands optimise their performance across multiple channels.
Our expertise, industry-leading guidance and first class customer experience provide unrivalled engagement and ROI. We are more than software and automation technology – Communicator stands out because of our people, our high quality counsel and our consistent delivery of truly impactful results. We pride ourselves on enabling our customers to out-perform and stay one step ahead of their competition.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as Adidas, Co-op Group, Domino’s, Matalan and Scottish and Southern Energy, as well as smaller growing companies. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to appoint an additional Test Analyst to join our Technology department.
- Work in line with the test strategy for all software produced by Communicator Corp.
- Responsible for managing own workload from estimating effort and planning tests through to execution and retrospectives.
- Review and actively suggest appropriate amendments to existing processes surrounding software testing.
- Create automated scripts to assist in test coverage and reduce exclusively manual effort where possible.
- Assist in the production of test plans for each software release with associated cases, cycles and data.
- Maintain manual regression packs following a sprint to ensure they are up to date.
- Maintain automated regression packs following a sprint to ensure they are up to date.
- Provide Management Information with regard to the quality of software and its testing based on bugs and their priorities as raised during test execution.
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Test Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for an experienced tester that can bring something extra to the table. You will have a natural passion for quality, a keen eye for detail and a proven track record within a high-growth technology driven organisation.
If you have the essentials we are looking for and can also tick some of the desirable skills, we would love to hear from you.
- ISEB / ISTQB certified.
- Strong experience of manual software testing, ideally from a web based application environment.
- Experience of creating and documenting test plans, test cases, test cycles, test data and regression pack maintenance.
- Experience and understanding of exploratory, integration, system, functional and user acceptance testing process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams.
- A proactive and professional attitude to managing your own workload and impediments through to resolution.
- Motivation and ability to suggest and implement improvements to further strengthen the effectiveness of software testing.
- End to end understanding of the Software Development lifecycle particularly in relation to Agile / SCRUM methodologies.
- Understanding of automation testing and continuous integration within the development lifecycle.
- Test automation experience and ability to create and maintain test automation frameworks and test scripts using Selenium, C#, Gherkin, Cucumber.
- Working knowledge of testing tools specifically relating to web and batch based applications such as SOAP UI.
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite (JIRA, Zephyr, Confluence).
- Cross-browser and device testing experience both manually and using automated tools such as Saucelabs / Appium.
- Experience and understanding of performance/ load testing using Jmeter, Blazemeter.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- + Company benefits