Traffic and Data Analyst
Traffic & Data Analyst Chadderton, Greater Manchester
Competitive plus benefits
More people are reading the Manchester Evening News than at any time in our nearly 150-year history. We are the biggest regional newspaper site in the UK with millions of people visiting us every month.
We are now seeking aTrafficand Data Analyst to understand our audience more deeply. TheTrafficand Data analyst will support our editorial teams in decision-making with the aim of maximising consumption of our content on the website, across distributed platforms and through video.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UKs largest multimedia companies, employing more than 6,000 people across more than sixty locations around the country.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide real-time and retrospective analysis to inform and influence editorial decision-making.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting of key digital analytics in a way which can help inform decision-making on content.
- Find creative ways to engage our newsroom further in consuming analytics and data.
- Research audience trends and habits around key content ideas to ensure content is produced around right search terms and in formats which drive greatest response.
- Provide social media and SEO analysis which allows the newsroom to target new users, key audience times and content themes.
- Plan, manage and maintain forward planning calendars based around audience activity and trends.
- Deliver performance reviews of content and deliver action plans for improvement
- Present information at forward planning meetings attended by editorial senior team.
- Undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management.
- Maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation and Trinity Mirrors editorial and company policies, and ensure these standards are upheld across the newsroom.
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
- Proven experience working with web analytics and interpreting data in a digital environment
- Experience using Adobe Omniture, Chartbeat and other search tools
- Solid understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Solid understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Ability to present well
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills and competent using spreadsheets
- Self-motivated and able to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Full driving licence
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary (depending on experience), 33 days holidays including bank holidays, a competitive pension, along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please dont delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.